The Berrys

The Berrys

Monday, December 29, 2008

Stable Mable

Once again we received good news. I continue to be stable and in what seems to be a holding pattern. The doctor was very excited that Wednesday I will be 30 weeks and that I have been stable for so long. I have been holding strong now for six weeks. Amazing. I even get to call the hospital and make and appointment to come and tour the labor and delivery floor just like a normal pregnant woman. I was given permission to be off of bed rest to make that tour and I cannot even begin to describe the reality of being a normal pregnant woman for a day. However, it would still be great to make it to 36 weeks so I won't get too excited and start running circles around the house. Although I will not lie, these thoughts have entered my head. I will go again on Friday for the fetal fibronectin test and hope again for a negative result. I have had so many visitors in the past six weeks and you have no idea what a gift that is for me. The days goes so much faster when I have some friendly faces to talk to. So for all of the meals, lunches, phone calls, on-line gift cards, movies, knitting lessons, magazines, and so much more, I thank you. I look forward to the day I can give back to someone else.

3 comments:

Annika said...

Yeah! I have been praying for you and thinking about you all day! So glad you have good news.
Hang in there!
Annika

Adele said...

So this is the fourth time I am trying to "leave a comment" but Carrie has now told me how to do it so maybe it will work this time. Going for 30 weeks--Yeah!!!We are continuing to pray for you and rejoice in the good news visits! Much love! Mamma D

Donna said...

That is so awesome. I haven't commeted onyour blog before because I just found it. Sorry about the bed rest thing, but excited that your at your 30 week mark. Grandma Lois has kept me well informed all along. Best of luck as you anxious wait the arrival of the little one. And many blessings on you and Paul. I will try to help out Lois as much as I can with her hurdle.
Love, Donna J