The Berrys

The Berrys

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Rumblings from Dr. Suess

Today a great friend of mine came to give me my second lesson in knitting. Thanks MJ, you have saved me from hours of boredom! She asked me a profound question today. She asked if there are times that I just break down and have a good cry over this lying around business. The answer is YES. So I found this quote from the great Dr. Seuss and thought it very fitting for these moments of stir-craziness.

Sighed Mayzie, a lazy bird hatching an egg:

"I'm tired and I'm bored
And I've kinks in my leg
From sitting, just sitting here day after day.
It's work! How I hate it!
I'd much rather play!
I'd take a vacation, fly off for a rest
If I could find someone to stay on my nest!
If I could find someone, I'd fly away--free. . . ."
Horton Hatches the Egg by Dr. Seuss

2 comments:

Annika said...

Hang in there! We're praying for you!

Sara said...

I just found your blog as I was checking in on Annika's. I've been thinking about you a lot since I heard you were prego. I'm excited about being able to follow your progress! We're praying for you! :)