The Berrys

The Berrys

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

28 weeks!

Today is a big day as this baby is now 28 weeks old. The next goal is to make it 32 weeks. Today I came to the realize the following:

I realized today that I can rest and be calm.

As long as I am in a stable state, I need not worry.
As long as I am not having contractions, I can relax.
As long as I am not feeling pain, I can remain still.
As long as I focus on the liklihood of making it further, I can find hope.

As long as I have faith, I can find peace.

However, I continue to have these darn Braxton-Hicks contractions that make me nervous. My doctor assures me the only time I need to be alarmed is if I have more than 6 in an hour for two hours. So far I have not had anywhere close to this, it just makes me nervous and continues to challenge my above statement! The constant ebb and flow of bed rest emotions. Again thanks for the many thoughts and prayers. They are needed.

4 comments:

faye slaubaugh said...

yippee 28 weeks, just think how much further you are now than a year ago. Stay peaceful and calm we are all praying. mom

Cindy King said...

Yay Alicia and Paul!! I am so happy for y'all that everyone continues to do well. Alicia, I am so glad you started a blog because I check it every day. I continue to pray for all three of you all and think of you often. I wish you and Paul much calmness and patience as you journey towards 32 weeks and beyond!
~Cindy King

TimnKatienElinSam said...

This is HUGE!!! I know it can be rough just sitting there and counting each BH contraction. But just remember that you are one week away from when I delivered and my boys are doing perfectly. Your babe is going to be just fine, and be so loved. Take comfort in the fact that so many people care about what you are going through and already love your little baby!

Hugs,
the Yoders

Maria Dove Keyes said...

Alicia and Paul, I am so thankful for your friendship, and grateful for this site so we can keep up with how you two and Little Berry are doing. As soon as I'm well enough to visit, and not bring sickness to your home, I'll be there to catch up. I've missed you!Maria :) <><