The Berrys

The Berrys

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Stable

So after a traumatizing day yesterday, I am happy to be the one typing on the blog today.  Thanks to Paul for updating yesterday as my state of mind and being was not  a great one.  I must admit that I do not need to repeat a ride over the mountain in an ambulance again.  With that in mind, the doctors have been closely monitoring me and it appears that my body is once again evening out.  The active labor signs of yesterday have slowed and so far I have not made any dramatic changes since being here. With that said, it is still a scary time.  The doctors have decided to monitor me closely for today and tomorrow.  If I continue in a quiet state, they will let me go home and I can try to complete my bed rest at home.  Thank you to everyone for your kinds words of hope whether through Facebook or phone.  They mean more to you than you will ever know.  It is nice to know that so many are praying and supporting us.  It truly makes all of the difference.  We will continue to update the blog through the next few days as well as the next few weeks.  I am very ready for January. 

1 comment:

Bobbie said...

Hi Alicia & Paul,

Sarah Showalter shared your blog with me because she thought I might be able to relate to your experience. I spent the period of March 3-May 22 on hospital bedrest with twins due to cervical incompetence. I went in at week 24 - straight from my regular appt. to the hospital across the street and wasn't even allowed to walk over myself. I was wheeled. The entire process was fast and overwhelming. I can only imagine how you are feeling right now. Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you at this time. I hope you get to go home to complete your bed rest! Hang in there!