The Berrys

The Berrys

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Home Again

I am thrilled to be writing this post from home again.  Today was the first appointment I have had since my lovely time at UVA.  I was anxious to say the least.  However, it appears that this bed rest thing is working as I am finally stable.  I don't think I realized how much these appointments were beginning to wear on me.  It wasn't until I finally had some "good" news or at least stable news that I realized how much I needed to hear something positive.  Hearing bad report after bad report was starting to bring me down emotionally and I wasn't really aware of it.  So at this point the plan is to go for a weekly appointment and pray that bed rest continues to help.  As of now, I will continue to stay at home unless something drastically changes or it appears I am in active labor again.  If I were to deliver any time between now and 34 weeks, I would go to UVA.  After 34 weeks I can deliver at RMH.  So for now I am going to begin to adjust to bed rest for the next 8 weeks.  That doesn't seem so bad right?    :) 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not so bad at all considering the bundle of joy! You can do it! My bed rest with Mamie consisted of yelling from the bedroom at my three other kids. Needless to say, it did not last two days and I had to go to the hospital. Relax, enjoy peace, read the book 1,000 gifts