The Berrys

The Berrys

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

All-Star Weekend

Wow, talk about an all-star weekend.  On Friday Paul informed me a surprise would be coming that night or the next morning.  Since I was getting so many packages in the mail, I figured it would involve the UPS or FedEx truck.  You can imagine my surprise when my friend from Iowa walked through the door.  I screamed and stood up.  Yep stood up and gave her hug right on the spot.  What an amazing surprise.  I have never ever been fully surprised, despite what my husband may say.  Annika- thank you for leaving your family to come and care for me and mine.  What a gift.  The endless conversation with no time constraint was a blessing.  Thank you, thank you, thank you!

The weekend did not end with Monday morning.  The fun continued as Annika left for her flight back to Iowa, my friend Sherri was getting in her mini van and driving from Pennsylvania to spend the day with me.  Some of you know that Pa isn't all that far away from Virginia but what is impressive is the fact that she flew all the way from Canada to Pa first.  A couple of days later she then got in her car and drove 3 1/2 hours to see me for 3 hours and then drive back 3 1/2 hours back to Pa all in one day.  Is your brain whirling?  Imagine how Sherri's felt.  :)  Thank  you dear friend for driving a total of 7 hours to be with me for three.  That is true dedication and was such a blessing!   

So Annika receives the best surprise award and Sherri receives the a best bed rest visitor as she came all the way from Canada both times that I have been on bed rest!   

So many of you have blessed in us in many ways with meals, visits, day-care, gift cards and much much more.  Thank you for loving us so fully as we continue this journey of bed rest.  May you be blessed in return. 

No comments: