The Berrys

The Berrys

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Meanings


Audra= "noble strength"


Many of you have asked how we came up with the name Audra. I have to admit that I heard it a couple years ago and really liked how it sounded. However, I am a person who likes to have stories or meanings behind names so I wasn't sure if the name made the short list. It also had to pass the approval of Paul, who wasn't as sold as I was. However, he did at least pause and think about it when I suggested it, which was much better then other names presented to him. I am also a teacher which makes naming a child a very challenging thing. So when we came down to two girl names, I finally got a hold of book to find the meaning of the name Audra. Audra means "noble strength." I immediately felt that was an appropriate name for a little baby that had to endure scary tests and many doctor appointments as well as the threat of an early arrival. In the beginning of the pregnancy I would actually talk to her and tell her she was strong and she could do this. Sounds corny, I know, but it really helped me. It was at that point that I was sure that should be her name, if she were to be a girl. Grace was easy and seemed appropriate as we were given the grace to make it through this journey. So the story of her name unfolded. However, it was not until the moment she was born that the decision was made for Paul. He wanted to see her first before he made a decision on the name. I guess he felt it was right too. Don't try to pull the other name out of me, I might want to use it in the future. Thank you to all of you for the countless e-mails, comments, and cards. It has been wonderful to share her with you.

P.S. Many of you have commented on the pictures and assumed I was the one to take them, however, the credit all goes to Paul. He is also an amazing photographer, he just doesn't take credit for it.

1 comment:

Donna said...

Love the name and the meaning of it. COngrats and we are so happy for your little family. Lois keeps us posted, she is one strong woman. God Bless as you enjoy little Audra Grace. What a lucky little girl to have parents that will love her and do the best for her. Can't wait to see this little miracle sometime.
Donna j