The Berrys

The Berrys

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Ellaryn Joy- The Meaning Behind the Name

In 2007, a family suffered much. The scars ran deep and their arms empty of two. The pain felt unending and the world cold. In 2009, the same family that had suffered much, now had arms theirs full of one. Covered by grace. In 2011, the same family that had suffered much now had their arms complete. Hallelujah, the great storm is over and it makes the peace in between that much sweeter. From a family that began as two, suffered much and ended as a family of six- we thank you.


 Now to meet Ellaryn Joy. 





 As we contemplated our names for this pregnancy it took us a long time to come to our final names. In the end, we found the meaning behind Ellaryn to be very fitting of our journey.  In Hebrew, Eliron means God is My Song. Under the many spellings of Eliron we finally made the name our own. Being a teacher directed the spelling of her name so that when people saw Ellaryn, they would hopefully know how to say it. To us she has been Baby El, Ellie or my personal favorite, Ryn.  The middle name of Joy came naturally as once again we made it through a journey of bed rest to find Joy. We have now been covered with grace and filled with joy. Again we thank you from the bottom of our hearts for your prayers, meals and constant thoughts. Your care of us, has proven to be a strong shelter in this time of need. We are blessed.



3 comments:

danetterjoy said...

Oh my! I can't stop staring at your pictures. They are so precious!!! But I want to hold Ryn...why does Audra always get to hold her!?!? It's MY turn!!! Get ready, cause I don't want to wait anymore...we're planning a trip! I love you and am so blessed to have you as my friend! Keep basking in the Joy and Grace our Father has lavished upon you two!

Anonymous said...

Ellaryn is beautiful. When do you need a babysitter? I'm experienced now! Does Audra still call her Carl?

Unknown said...

My daughter is also named Ellaryn and is now 14. We pronounce it Eh Lore ryn after my dad who is Lawrence.... she is always Ellie.